How It Works
- Create a profile
- Upload your song catalogue
- Select what types of licenses you want made available (Standard or Exclusive)
- SongShop advertises your songs to artists who might be interested in recording them
- You may also pitch songs directly to artists via the Pitch Platform →
- An artist purchases a license to record their own version of your song
- You get a cut of the license fee (determined by your membership tier), plus any royalties outlined in the license agreement
- Search our library of songs to find a song you want to record
- Create an account
- Purchase your desired license (Standard or Exclusive)
- SongShop provides you with the demo, lyrics, and chord chart (if applicable)
- You record your own version of the song – you do not get to use any portion of the recording.
- You pay the royalties outlined in the license agreement directly to the songwriter.
- What type of songs you need
- How many songs you’re looking for
SongShop offers two types of Licenses; Standard and Exclusive.
What does a license look like? It is an agreement between the artist and the owner of the song that grants permission to release the song in an audio format. It also includes the rights to create and release a music video, as well as performing the song live on any video streaming platform. It details the rate the song owner is owed per physical sale, and all other requirements. At SongShop, we grant two kinds; Standard and Exclusive.